Feedback Policy of Distinct Directions
Distinct Directions views Feedback as an opportunity to learn and improve for the future, as well as a chance to put things right for the person (or organisation) that has made the complaint.
Our policy is:
- To provide a fair Feedback procedure which is clear and easy to use for anyone wishing to make a complaint
- To publicise the existence of our Feedback procedure so that people know how to contact us to make a complaint
- To make sure everyone at Distinct Directions knows what to do if a complaint is received
- To make sure all Feedback are investigated fairly and in a timely way
- To make sure that Feedback are, wherever possible, resolved and that relationships are repaired
- To gather information which helps us to improve what we do
Definition of a Complaint
A complaint is any expression of dissatisfaction, whether justified or not, about any aspect of Distinct Directions.
Where Feedback Came From
Feedback may come from any person or organisation who has a legitimate interest in Distinct Directions.
A complaint can be received verbally, by phone, by email or in writing. This policy does not cover Feedback from staff, who should use Distinct Directions’ Discipline and Grievance policies.
All complaint information will be handled sensitively, telling only those who need to know and following any relevant data protection requirements.
Overall responsibility for this policy and its implementation lies with the Advisory Board.
This policy is reviewed regularly and updated as required.