Feedback Policy of Distinct Directions
Feedback, complaints and disputes
Distinct Directions views all feedback, be it a complaint or praise, as an opportunity to learn and improve for the future, as well as a chance to put things right for the person [or organisation] that has provided the feedback.
We would very much like to hear from you if you have any feedback. In order to make sure that your feedback is handled as sensitively as possible, it will not be handled by operational staff, instead we ask that you submit feedback directly to the Advisory Board.
This can be done in writing and sent to:
Alternatively you can email feedback to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advisory Board – Feedback
PO Box 699
Bathurst NSW 2795
If you prefer, we also have an Online Feedback Form which can be accessed here.
Operational Management are responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining a positive working environment which supports the giving and receiving of feedback and complaints
- Ensuring that all services delivered are consistent with a person-centered approach
- Welcoming a support person to assist an individual making a complaint and include the support person in the complaint process
- Implementation of this policy including investigations of feedback or complaint; and, the development of fair and just resolutions
- Complete and maintain records relating to feedback and complaint matters
Staff member are responsible for:
- Actively demonstrating person-centered approaches in their daily work
- Documenting and referring feedback or complaint to supervisor/manager
- Actively engage in any complaint resolution process
- Ensure receipt and review of Distinct Directions feedback or complaint information
- To advise, monitor and provide timely responses on any feedback or complaint received
- To provide timely responses to work health matters, including developing processes for out of session responses as required.
Anti-Discrimination Legislation (Commonwealth & State)
Disability Inclusion Regulations 2014 (NSW)
Disability Inclusion Act 2014 (NSW)
ODSC Victoria, Everything you want to know about complaints (2017)
NDIS Quality & Safeguards Commission, Effective Complaint Handling Guidelines (2018)
National Disability Standards #4: Feedback & Complaints: The intent of this standard is to ensure that both positive and negative feedback, complaints and disputes are effectively handled and seen as opportunities for improvement (2013, p 17)
National Mental Health Standards: #1: 1.12 The MHS upholds the right of the consumer to express compliments, complaints and grievances regarding their care and to have them addressed (2010, p 12)
The above list references items that are directly related to the policy and is not exhaustive. Other legislation may apply for the fair and reasonable management of the workplace.
The Distinct Directions Advisory Board are responsible for the oversight of this policy.
Distinct Directions staff are responsible for the implementation of this policy.